After vacation bug hunting
Two weeks vacations always seem short yet the 900+ mails waiting for sorting on my Gentoo Linux inbox was a reminder that our beloved distribution is well alive ! So I guess it was time for a little bug killing spree :)
This release improves performance in a variety of conditions, adds monitoring information to identify performance bottlenecks, adds dynamically manageable shovels, and allows Java-based clients to reconnect automatically after network failure.
This release also corrects a number of defects in the broker and plugins, as well as introducing a host of smaller features as you can see on the changelog. Be warned that the behavior of the guest user has been altered !
I also fixed a long awaiting bug to bump the rabbitMQ C client to v0.5.0
Johan Bergström is as always doing a great and helpful job and is actively working on redis, thanks mate !
- [NEW] The HyperLogLog data structure. You can read more about it in this blog post
- [NEW] The Sorted Set data type has now support for lexicographic range queries, check the new commands ZRANGEBYLEX, ZLEXCOUNT and ZREMRANGEBYLEX, which are documented at http://redis.io
- fixes installation via pip
- added a --version command line argument to get the currently installed version of py3status
You might be interested in what's next on the todo list :
- With the help of Thomas D. aka @Whissi, we're working on bumping and enhancing rsyslog to v7.6.3. For this a series of its dependencies have been bumped today as well.
- mongoDB v2.6.0 is also on track, as usual the guys @mongodb have broken the scons building so it's taking more time than it should to fix this hell (all help appreciated).