I'm glad to announce the v1.1 release of py3status, roughly 6 months after v1.0 which features some nice and often contributed bug fixes and some exciting new features !
fixes / enhancements¶
- allow float on refresh interval option
- fix respect user's locale for time transformation
- fix i3status time adjustment when format does not contain the necessary items to get an exact datetime
- fix delay on py3status start waiting for i3status, this caused a useless first refresh delay of py3status of i3status interval seconds
- fix first click event opening line detection
- redirect stdout and stderr to null to suppress modules outputs, this prevents i3bar from frezzing when a user module prints something to stdout or stderr, more info
Thanks to py3status, you can now take action on clicks made on your i3status modules !
- the new i3bar_click_events.py module allows you to implement some actions when clicking on your i3bar modules
- more info in the wiki and in the source code of the module
- new generic click event handler using the special module file named i3bar_click_events.py which will be forwarded any orphan click event for action
- new example module displaying Yahoo Weather forcast
- new example whoami displaying the currently logged in user, inspired by user request on i3 FAQ
Thanks a lot for their issues ranging from #15 to #20 with feedback, proposals and pull requests !
Feel free to join the #py3status IRC channel on FreeNode to get help or share your ideas !